Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cilantro

I used to hate cilantro so much I thought it might be the genetic thing. It tasted like soap, I could not tolerate even the smallest amount.

Something changed a few years ago and I began to love it with the same gusto that I had hated it.  I have no idea why or exactly when this happened. 

In my yard, I planted some but it was over-plucked by me and then some small feral animal chewed down the rest... only sad little stalks remain.

I had to restock this weekend. Thank goodness for my enormous panniers!






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE cilantro too. I even eat the stems because even the stems are so flavorful. I know a few people who just hate everything about cilantro (taste, smell) and i just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a bit of coriander (as we Brits call it) in a salad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coriander leaves ... have never failed to throw in a handful or two of the chopped leaves into my pot of 'soup' and bowl of salad(s). I grow cilantro in chicken-wire-mesh 'cages' to frustrate 'unwelcomed guests' in my garden. :D
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've had Koriander. I rarely know the names of the spices i eat. I'll need to hone my kitchen skills...
    Your Kona Pick-Up looks good doing the yard work. Green was a smart color choice =)
    Here's another bike you could use in your yard:
    http://www.land-der-erfinder.ch/?p=10726

    ReplyDelete