Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another nail another flat tire

The culprit this time:


Is it a nail? Or a pin? Either way, it's more than half an inch and was embedded in my tire tread, puncturing the tire.
 

The tip just grazed the tube and so the hole was hard to find. (I used the bowl of water method.)


Finding the nail was not hard- the size of it was quite shocking.

However, thanks to my Marathon plus tires, the flat was a slow leak that I discovered this morning and not an explosive "ffffffftttt" while out in the middle of some sand dunes...

I'm impressed at how the tire held it in place so that it didn't push all the way through. I guess that's why I bought these tires!

3 comments:

  1. I see that you still have your traditional dutch "simson" repair kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just don't know where they came from, but we have to steer clear of debris like broken glass and nails. When you're in a race, it's really hard to focus. I know they check the racing track before it starts, but it wouldn’t hurt to take a peek yourself. At least you won't have to worry about getting a flat tire while the race is on! :)

    Rita @ EvansTire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita. I don't race... I've never raced. This post has nothing to do with racing. But thanks for your weird comment.
      Is it a metaphor?

      Delete