Monday, October 29, 2012

Seatbelts on the trains

For bicycles!!

Tonight, I caught one of the new www.ns.nl trains.  I sat in the voorang fiets area even though I had my folding bicycle and could sit anywhere. (It was before full sized bicycles would be allowed on the car.)

After a few minutes, I noticed a seat belt that could go across the three seats.

My reaction was to get up and needlessly strap my bicycle into the area.

 Seatbelts for bicycles













 Awesome!!

Then I got over it and sat back down with the bicycle between my feet.

2 comments:

  1. And you even had a choice of two anchor points (or whatever those receptacles might be called). The bin on the left contains helmets to be donned in case of impending collisions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really great idea! I bet you never had a hard time traveling. It's good that those seat belts are long enough to extend. It adds so much to its versatility.

    ReplyDelete