Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Moses Bridge, Fort de Roovere

If you're planning a trip through West Brabant, be sure to visit the Moses Bridge at the Fort de Roovere. It may not be bicycle friendly (stairs) but it is gorgeous!

The surrounding area is lovely for cycling... and, if you do want to get muddy, some of the other defense walls are used by area mountain bikers as a slightly hilly course. 


Moses Bridge, Fort de Roovere


No bicycle parking here, so we hid our bicycles. :) Can you spot them?
Hidden bicycles

And for directions from the Bergen Op Zoom train station:

View Larger Map

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. I do a lot of travel with my folding bike and I have some trips planned this summer - I'll definitely try to check this place out (and my bike would totally fit UNDER those benches).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read that nearby Steenbergen is a prime example of your beloved star forts. Fully restored and very mediaeval.

    ReplyDelete