Saturday, May 7, 2011

A little morning ride

It was so beautiful this morning!


I decided that I had to ride around the Kagerplassen.

The sheep were still asleep but a few mama ducks were herding fuzzy ducklings into the waterways so I was properly entertained.

The east side of the lake system has many windmills so it's a really nice route to see a picturesque rural Netherlands.

There's one knooppunt that leads to a ferry which goes through the plassen. (#08 to #39)



I didn't want to try it so early in the morning because I was enjoying riding around the lakes... By midday in the heat, it might be a lot of fun!



The first little ferry is operational, even at 8am on a Saturday morning.


I'll have to try it another day.

Overall, it was about 28k all the way around the lakes with some very lovely views.

No comments:

Post a Comment