This is how my planning goes:
1) Destination: Texelse Brouwerij
It's about 120km from Leiden along the highway, and longer on a scenic coastal route (also hillier). So it might be a bit far for one day's travel... heh. Cocksdorp.
2) I look up the halfway point... and find a National Bier Museum in Alkmaar!
3) But if we go there, maybe we should also stop at Jopen Brouwerij in Haarlem.
On their website I find a listing for a special bier festival to be held in Den Bosch on Sunday May 1st... Is Den Bosch to far for two days?
4) Den Bosch!
5) That's closer to Belgium! Let's go see where all the gnomes come from!!
6) Let's visit all the trappist breweries in Belgium!!!
7) France!! Wine!!!
8) And then we catch the ferry to Dublin for a Guinness?? Or,
9) What about Denmark!
10. Let's cycle the North Sea route!