Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday morning after more snow

It snowed again last night!

We were at a holiday party in Den Haag. We had no problems with the trains but we did have to avoid a fresh coating of snowfall and snowball crossfire on our way home.

Bicycles under snow in Den Haag, Saturday night.



















This morning, I went out for a walk in the beautiful snow.

My first steps outside revealed that a small and cute animal must have tried to visit us.

Cute!


My next steps outside were toward the car that was facing our apartment so that I could brush snow off of it.

No, I'm not a snow samaritan.

When I looked out the window this morning I saw this (below), and naturally, I entered the word into google translate... which in hindsight probably wasn't necessary.

But now I know for sure... and I don't need to see it every time I look out the window.

Dutch vocabulary lessons
Thanks to whoever so kindly did this.

The city was very quiet at 10 am.

A few spandexy cyclist guys were out having fun:
video


A huge flock of loud birds flew over the reopened Burcht.

Costumes at the market yesterday for the re-opening ceremony?

Birds flying in loose formation over the burcht.

And I saw my first dutch snowman of the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment